Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13

I am getting ready for bed and the snow is really coming down. It will be interesting to see what it looks like in the morning. We will see if the boys have a late start for school. We are closed tight in our house. We have quilts on all the windows, our new draft stoppers along the doors. Everyone has an extra blanket tonight. This weather makes me so grateful that we have a roof over our heads and a warm comfortable place to sleep.

Today we stayed busy. We made chex mix this morning. The little boys played with lacing beads, cars, Mr. Potato Head, read books and even took a bath before naps this afternoon. I worked at my moms for a couple hours while Will went to the library with the boys and rented a movie (free from Hy-Vee redbox). After work I went to Ankeny to pick up some perscriptions for the boys. I bought one loaf of bread at Target for $1.19. It was cheaper there than at Wal-Mart and I new the loaf I bought Sunday wasn't going to last long. Maybe tomorrow I will bake a loaf of bread.

As I waited for my RX at Target to be filled I wondered around the known clearance spots. I found a few things that looked interesting but didn't have any real temtations. I am feeling really good about not buying anything. I think maybe I will have changed my spending habits for good after this challenge. If not for good then at least for awhile I hope. Not that I was ever a big shopper or spender to begin with, but I think I will at least take a step back and ask myself do I really need this?

3 comments:

juliecache said...

Your thirty day challenge causes me to question purchases as well, and i'm not even participating! wah.

GP & GM Campbell said...

I'm so proud of you and your family. You are teaching them the most important thing that there is to learn in life. And that is to GET A LONG WITH OUT. Anyone can do with, but learning how to do with out and get along is the answer to everything. Learn from the first 30 days and keep it up as much as possible. Gramps of course.

~Maria said...

I left you an award on my blog!