Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 1

Well we kicked off the challenge. Proving to be a little difficult already. I took my shower yesterday and forgot I was to limit my time in there. Pretty sure once I remembered I was in there for about 10 min. Not too bad. I will struggle with this because I love to relax in the shower. So, today I will bring in the timer, hurry and wash and then spend the next however long relaxing!

I felt pretty good yesterday morning. I went to Kohl's and Wal-Mart with my mom to look at some stuff she wanted to get the boys for their birthdays. I had to return some stuff to Kohl's but didn't buy anything. I did thumb through lots of 80% off racks of clothes but felt good about not wanting to get anything. Wal-Mart had some peanuts on clearance for .50. Thankfully Will was there earlier in the week and stocked up on those for me! So, I left without paying for anything there as well.

Meals were good for the day. Definitely not lacking on the food yet. Breakfast we had cereal. Lunch was frozen pizza. Dinner was loose meat sandwiches, pears and apples and carrots. Thanks to my father-in-law I have quite the supply of cheese its, crackers and granola bars for awhile. He helps out SOOO much. We are very lucky.

Total money spent for the day...$0.00!! Actually I have a POSITIVE 4.24 in cash and 52.00 in gift cards. Not too bad!

1 comment:

Stefany said...

Good job on day one! I'll have to run this idea by Jason. It wouldn't work now with trying to get the house ready to sell, we're always going to the store to get something. But maybe later on... We're so horrible about planning our meals. That alone would be a huge money saver. Hopefully, you things will still be going well on day 29!