Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008






We had a nice weekend. Saturday we spent the day getting things done around the house. I mowed the yard and Will cut down our tree that he chopped down awhile ago. We both worked in the garden. It looks like things are starting to die off a little. I would work a little harder at trying to save some of the plants but we have gotten SO MUCH produce this year I am just kinda letting it be. My pumpkins are still growing great and I think I am going to have enough of them for everyone to carve one. How cool is that? We will still make the annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch, I will just be spending a lot less this year.

Saturday night we drove to Slater to spend some time with my friend Jill and her family. The kids had a great time playing. Between the 2 families we have 7 kids! 6 boys and 1 girl. So we were a little out numbered. But everyone got along great and we had a good time catching up.

Sunday Will and I canned. We canned ALOT! It was pretty fun. I can't believe the amount of cucumbers we have gotten this year. We ended up canning 12 quarts and 3 pints of pickles. I still had 2 sacks for Will to take to work that had about 20 cucs in them total. Amazing. I told Will we needed to eat about 1 1/2 jars of pickles per month for the next year! Will also made 9 jars of Salsa that we canned and 3 for the fridge! Last week we canned 12 quarts of tomatoes so we should be pretty set until next year. I should be done canning now except for my peaches. Hoping that I get enough of them to can. I definitely am going to need another shelf downstairs for storage!

Last night we spent our evening at the DMACC pond. We took our dinner there and ate. Brodie and Drew rode their bikes, Jake fished and Tony searched for frogs. It was a beautiful evening and it was a relaxing way to end the weekend. Of course we had to stop for $1 icecream cones on the way home. We happened to run into Mom and Joel and Jen so they stopped by for a few minutes before they headed back home. It was a full day!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Poor Zachy, the only kid with non-blonde hair- LOL Bella and your boys look like they could be related.

Holy canning Batman- you won't even need to shop this winter...!

juliecache said...

maybe your pickles could become christmas gifts.