Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Vacation~Day4






Wednesday was a busy day for us. The morning started off with Mom, Jen, Joel, Jake and Will fishing. I think they all had a really good time. Jen caught a turtle! And Grandpa got the award for the littles bass so far.

The weather once again was beautiful. Tony slept in a little and the little boys and I went for a nice long walk. We came back to the cabin and decided to make breakfast. When the adults came back from fishing they were amazed that I could make breakfast while entertaining the boys. Thank goodness for Play-dough and a radio. That entertained them for almost an hour so I could cook. We had a nice breakfast and everyone scattered off for a late morning nap.

In the afternoon Will and I went out on the boat with just Brodie. The older kids were busy doing something else. And Drew stayed with Mom and Jen. We had a great time. We started off just driving around the lake, but then we decided to stop in a nice shady spot and fish. Brodie was AWESOME! He did everything but cast his poll in the water and take the fish off. He had a great time and I was quite impressed with his fishing skills already. He was reeling them in right and left. They were just little sunnies but to him they were really huge!

We also painted rocks that afternoon. I had brought some paint from home and everyone but grandpa I think painted at least one . It was a lot of fun and their was some pretty cool looking rocks. Jen of course blew us all out of the water with her rock. She painted the scenery from the picnic table in front of the cabin. It really was amazing. She is so talented. Unfortunately I can't post all the rock pics here so I will do a slideshow later so you can see everyones creation.

That evening we had a fish fry! It was yummy. Mary made potatoes and onions on the fire and I fried the fish. After dinner Jake, Tony, Will and I went out on the lake. It was nice to be the 4 of us. According to Tony "the original 4". The fishing as usual was great and Tony finally caught his first bass of the year! He was really getting discouraged but finally he landed one and he was pretty excited!

We caught a total of 66 blue gill that day. The bass count for Day 4 was as follows...


Jake 13


Grandpa 3


Dad 8


Mom 2


Tony 1

No comments: