Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The story of Ten Mile Lake


My family has gone to Ten Mile Lake since I can remember. It was a trip my sister, brother and I went on every summer with my grandparents. 2 weeks staying in a cabin on the lake. Doing pretty much whatever we wanted to. It was what I looked forward to as soon as school was out each year. When I became an adult (or at least when I had Jacob) I took some time away from the summer tradition. Then an opportunity came up and my grandfather invited Will, I and at the time the two older boys to come and stay with him for a week. That was 4 years ago. My grandmother had passed away by then. Thankfully we had 2 more summers left to enjoy the cabin with my grandpa. Last year was the first year for us without both grandparents and we stayed at a larger cabin with my sister and her family. Then this year we decided to go back and stay in the original cabin this time taking Wills parents and sister. We thought going into the trip that this would be our last year. But once we got there I was flooded with memories and peacefullness and it is hard to not want to continue that. So, we are going back again next year with Wills parents. Some of my best and most fondest memories come from Ten Mile and I will always hold this place close to me. Now my kids get that excited feeling when school is out and look forward to going to Ten Mile Lake.

Ten Mile Lake is located in Dalton Minnesota about 400 miles from our home. Not far from Fergus Falls. Here is their website if you want more information.
http://www.tenmilelakeresort.com/

No comments: