Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Vacation~Day 8 Heading Home...




I set the alarm for 5:30am. I woke up before everyone else and made coffee and just sat and watched the water for a bit. Then of course I hit the ground running. Everyone helped out and we got the boat and vehicles packed, the coolers packed and the cabin cleaned. We had just enough time before we had to check out to sit outside and have a cup of coffee.

We left about 10:30. It was cloudy and drizzling so it made it not quite so tough to leave compared to if we had the beautiful weather we had the rest of the week. Plus, I knew I was coming back next year so that was a good feeling.

We had a LONG ride home. The longest I have ever had I think. Drew is not such a great traveler. He is waaay to busy to be stuck in a carseat. And he was letting us know it. We stopped frequently to get him out. Thankfully he and Brodie both fell asleep not too long after we left in the morning but then he was up for the rest of the ride home.

About the only comical moment in the van ride home was with Tony. When we were about 45 minutes from home he was in the backseat just cracking up. Giggling and whispering to Jake. Then I saw him pass a book over the seat and ask Jake if he wanted to learn how to make "tasty testicles?" I seriously thought I misheard him. I asked him to repeat himself and he said that is what it says in this book. Well, this book was a book grandpa had bought him at the outlet mall earlier in the day. I read the section and it was a recipe on how to make goat testicles. I rolled my eyes and gave it back. Not knowing that I should have read a few more pages ahead cause then I heard Tony say "oh my gosh, look a this Jake" I grabbed the book to see the next topic in the book Tony was reading was how to judge a women's cup size! I about died! I confiscated the book for good this time! Obviously Grandpa had no idea what he bought! No offense Joel :) So, if you come across the book 211 Things a Bright Boy Can Do I highly recommend you not but it unless you are over the age of 21! LOL!

We arrived home at about 7:30pm. We couldn't wait to get out of that van! All in all we had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to do it again next year. Oh and the winner of the bass competition...surprise surprise Jake. With a total of 60 1/2 bass for the week! Way to go Jake. The total bass caught as a group was 176. Amazing. As for keeper sunfish that we brought home. My numbers got a little confusing but we came home with around 200 fish. We will have plenty of fish to fry!

No comments: