Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Vacation~Day 5




(Day 4 is below)
Thursday already. Mom, Joel and Will had good intentions of fishing this morning but the weather kept them in. We had a small thunderstorm move through. Will was already up so he took care of the boys for a bit while I could get caught up on some sleep. Both Brodie and Drew woke up almost every morning with the sun. Of course, that is really no different than home. They have both always been early risers.

Mom and Jen went into Fergus Falls to do some laundry and a little shopping. Grandpa Joel took Jake and Tony to the bridge to do some fishing and Will and I took Brodie and Drew over to the beach. Will made a cool sandcastle that the little boys enjoyed destroying. They pretended they were monsters and demolished it. Will and I being the dorks that we are had a long jump competetion. We drew lines in the sand and made a starting point. We took off running and then marked where we landed. I am sure anyone who saw us thought we were completely off our rockers. Don't worry I have it all on video camera so maybe some day you will be able to see it! It really was fun!

Will and the older boys made fishing lures that afternoon. Will had gotten them each a kit and they had to paint it and put it together. I am not sure if they ever actually finished them but the boys had a good time painting them.

That evening we sent mom and Joel out on the boat by themselves and the rest of us went up to the bridge and fished. The fishing wasn't great for us up there. Of course Jake caught a couple bass that Brodie loved to pet. But other than a few small ones it wasn't that great. Mom and Joel came back with some in their basket. And Mom caught her first bass! Jen also caught her first bass today. I am not sure she wants to claim it as I think it might have been a little on the small side! We enjoyed a fire that night and Will, Mom and I saw the most amazing shooting star we have ever seen. Of course that led into a deep conversation about aliens and such! We decided we had better head off to bed.

P.S. I had to post the picture of Tony's mustache that Jake drew on him. I have no idea how it came about. All I know is that it was permanent marker and I think I was the only one who thought is WAS NOT funny. Thankfully with some scrubbing it came off. I guess I can laugh about it now.

Total bass count for this day...


Jake 12


Grandpa 7


Dad 4


Jen 1


Grandma 1

1 comment:

Jill said...

Holy cow- I go to Duluth for the weekend and come back to read a chapter book. You guys made a fish hauling! Pictures are great. If only vacation could last forever...