Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Vacation~Day 7






(See Day 6 below)
Saturday. The gang went fishing again that morning. I am pretty sure it was Jen, Mom, Joel and Will. I am not much of a morning fisher woman so I was fine staying back at the cabin and enjoying my morning sitting outside by the water. I did take the kids to the park and on a walk. I was taking it all in knowing that this was our last day.

The afternoon was sleepy for most of the crew. I know Drew himself slept for like 4 1/2 hours that day. Joel, Will and the two older boys watched a movie. I couldn't bring myself to sit down and watch a movie. I did a little packing then sat out on the dock for awhile and ended my afternoon with a nice long walk. It is always a bummer knowing you have to leave the next day. I just love it up there so much I could stay forever.

We ate our dinner at the Lodge that evening. There is a steakhouse right there on the resort. The food is pretty decent and it has always been a tradition in my family to eat there the night before you leave. After enjoying our dinner we went back to the cabin and Will and I and the 2 older kids set out to go fishing. Our evening was cut short due to a storm that moved in. We only spent about 30 minutes on the lake. We sat outside and watched the storm move in. There was some pretty crazy looking clouds. It always amazes me how you can see the rain move toward you across the lake. It rained pretty hard for a short while and then the sun came out and it cooled off nicely.

We decided to end the night playing Settlers of Catan and Pinochle. Settlers is a board game that we have come to love playing. It was a great day, but I was a little sad when we all went to bed that night...

No comments: