Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Ok seriously the last 20 hours in this house have been a nightmare. Here's what happened today...Brodie thought it would be funny at lunchtime to shove a piece of apple in his nose. Except it got stuck and was "poking" him. After making him try and blow his nose and sneezing about a million times I decided it might be stuck in there for awhile and had better put a call in to our Pediatrician. I could see it but it was way up in there. The nurse called me back and said we needed to be seen by ENT and so she called over there. It was noon of course so they were going to work us in but we needed to come NOW. So, I threw Brodie in the car and off we headed. Thankfully it didn't take very long but it was brutal trying to make him hold still long enough to get it out. Let's just day I worked up a sweat. I hope he learned his lesson. Although probably not so much cause the doctor gave him jelly beans and stickers when we left telling him, "you can have these candies but don't stick them up your nose". I was like nothing like making this a POSITIVE experience for him.

Then tonight I thought I was going to have to take Drew to the ER. Tony was trying to get him to not go into my bedroom and slammed Drew's pinky finger in the door. When I first looked at it the tip was bent to the side and all the skin on the bottom of the finger was torn. I thought for sure he broke the tip. It looked a little better after awhile but he is still unable to move it. I will see how it looks in the morning but we might be taking a trip. Although, I am not really sure what they could do for him. I guess we will see. As if Drew hasn't had enough injuries in the last few days. He was also holding his ears tonight saying they hurt so we might be heading in no matter what. Of course Will was gone tonight so I had to have Jake run over and get my mom who was thankfully home. At one point I was holding Drew who was screaming in pain, Tony who was sobbing and feeling absolutely horrible and Brodie who was scared of the whole situation and trying to console everyone. Obviously I didn't have enough lap space or arms available so she came and sat with us while I got everything back under control.

So, that was my day. Hope everyone else's was a bit calmer. I am off to bed because who knows what tomorrow will bring...

1 comment:

Stefany said...

Poor Drew! Sounds like you have your hands full. If Jason and I can help with anything, let us know.

See you tonight!