Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Jake had his schools version of "American Idol" last night. All the chorus kids participate. Why didn't you know about this you ask? Because he came home from school yesterday and told us. Nothing like last minute notice. So, obviously only one parent could attend since it really isn't something I would expect the younger two boys to sit through and there was no time to get a sitter. So, since I went last year Will went this time. Tony went with him and they all had a good time. Jake did really well. He sang "Live like you were dying" by Tim McGraw. Here is his picture. He is the third in from the left.

We told him last night that we were going to put the video Will took on the blog and he wasn't too happy with that so I will just give you the picture!

It is hard to believe that in 11 days he will be a teenager. I have no idea where the time goes. Last night when he was talking to me I realized how grown up he sounded. He is almost as tall as me now, just a few inches to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must share the video, as least to the family. I wonder when he practiced. Haven't you heard him singing down there in his "den"? Yes, he definitely is growing up. So proud of the young man he has become. Grandma Anita

juliecache said...

sara, you can probably figure out a way to show the video to people by Jake's invitation only. at least, that is what my friend did for her kids' piano recital.

Sara P. said...

I'd love to see the video, too! I can't believe he's so grown up!