Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Now What Color?

Yesterday was full of green! We started off the morning eating green eggs. Of course we had to read the book Green Eggs and Ham after breakfast! Brodie wasn't sure what he thought of the colored eggs but then decided they tasted ok.It was another beautiful day so after breakfast we headed to the Zoo! We had a really good time there. We ate lunch there on a bench watching the monkeys. After the Zoo we headed home and the little boys rested for a bit. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon outside playing.For dinner I made some Irish Stew. The younger 3 kids weren't fans, but the older 3 thought it was pretty good. I also made some Irish Soda bread and green lemonade. We ended the night with green rice krispie bars. It was a very Happy St. Patrick's Day at our house. Hope yours was just as enjoyable!

8 comments:

Kaycee said...

I made green eggs last year for my oldest and now he requests them all the time.

This post makes me want to go to the zoo.

I didn't even think of green rice krispie treats. Those look good!

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you something. How lucky are your five boys! Dad/Grandpa Dave

Lynn said...

I love your St. Patrick's Day menu! The green rice krispie bars are especially ingenious. I'll have to remember to try that one next year :)

Anonymous said...

Your St. Patrick's Day menu sounds wonderful! I'm really curious about your Irish stew recipe -- what was it? I've been going to try one and haven't done it yet.

We had our usual corned beef and cabbage and carrots and potatoes. I tried a couple of soda breads, but wasn't totally happy with the results. I think I'm on a quest for the perfect Irish soda bread now!

Love, Mom

Frugal Sara said...

I made 2 different kinds of soda bread. We liked both of them, but they are one day breads. They get pretty dry after the first day.

My stew recipe you can find here:

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001414irish_beef_stew.php

Goat Gal said...

I love that you did such special things to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We had a fun little feast at our house too! Stop over at my blog and check out our festivities.

Cassie said...

Those definitely look like great ways to celebrate St Pattys day! Makes me want some rice krispie treats!

Unknown said...

Green rice crispy treats, what a great idea!! Filing that away for next year...