Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008





Yesterday and today we have been doing lots of pumpkin activities. Yesterday we made pumpkins out of construction paper. We also colored some worksheets and made pumpkin bread. Today we read lots of books and painted paper plates with orange paint.

The kids got along really well with each other till about noon. Then once again we had to go down for naps and it was all downhill. Neither boy took a nap today. Needless to say they were pretty cranky by dinnertime. We did get out this evening and got Drew's haircut. It was every bit as bad as I thought it would be. He HATES getting his haircut. But, 15 minutes later with sweaty face and sobbing gasps of air he looked adorable. Soooo much better. I really put his haircut off a long time because I was dreading it! I will post pictures of him tomorrow. It was late when we got home and he was in no mood for pictures!

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Is beggars night on Friday for you guys? If it's tomorrow night, we won't be able to come over because we are heading up to Ames to celebrate our anniversary. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

You always have such fun craft ideas! I love coming to this blog to see all the fun things you guys do because it gives me ideas for when my child gets older (he's just a baby now). Would you ever consider making a list of all the different activities and putting it all together..... they are great - things I never would have even thought of (like the potato stamps, those are so cute!).
Are you a homeschooling mom? If so, I'd love to hear ideas on how you make this work, because I do want to homeschool when my child is older, but I'm just not sure if I'd be able to handle it! LOL!!
Anyway, just wanted to say I love your blog!

Frugal Sara said...

Thank you for such a nice compliment!

I actually do not homeschool my kids. I do love to do crafts and projects with them though. Most of my ideas have either come from other moms (and blogs :0) ) or from different idea and project books I have gotten from the library. I actually have rented quite a few toddler craft/play books and I have read through them putting sticky notes on all the ideas I think look fun or may want to do in the future. When I am done with the book I go through and write down all those ideas in a journal. Each week I try and look through it and pick a few new things to try. Some weeks we do lots of things other times not so much.

There is lots of places to look either online or books you can rent from the library on different crafts and such for any age group. There is also a lot of books and information on homeschooling. I like the idea of homeschooling. I am with you though, not sure if I could handle all that! I am sure I could, I guess I just choose not to.

Anyway, thanks again for the nice compliment. I really do enjoy doing all these projects, probably more then the kids do!

Oh and by the way here is a list of a few books I have rented and gotten some really good ideas from.

The Preschooler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner

Kitchen Table Play and Learn by Tara Copley and Andrea Custer

The Busy Classroom by Patty Claycomb

The Busy Moms Book of Preschool Activites by Jamie Kyle McGillian

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara!
Thank you so much for the tips, and for the list of books, that is great!! I'm going to write those titles down and head to the library myself!! :)
Learning always looks like so much fun in your household from the pictures I see, and I only HOPE I can be like you one day as my child gets older! You are really an inspiration! Thanks again so much and take care!