Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's been awhile since I have blogged. It seems I have zero time for anything. I am so consumed with the responsibilities of being a mother and housekeeper I don't really have time for much else. I have been trying to not be so obsessive about the house and how much of a mess it always is. I figured once (and if) all my children leave the nest then maybe I will have a clean home. For now, it is just obvious that I have all boys. No matter how hard I try, the house will always be cluttered and messy. Oh well.

Brodie had his 3 year check last week. He weighed in at 36 pounds and 39 inches. Pretty big boy. He is in the 90-95th percentile. He is doing really well.

Drew is busier then ever. I swear that child is always getting into something. He is the most curious child I have ever seen and definitely into things more than any of the other 3 boys ever were. He keeps me on my toes.

Tony is doing well with school and has been enjoying going to the library with just me and Brodie on Thursday nights. It has become our little time together. I enrolled him in basketball, so that should be starting in the next month.

Jake's shoulder is better and he thinks he wants to try and start practicing again for football. We are going to try it Tuesday and see how he does. He has been struggling with school a bit so far this year. I am hoping things will change for him. He is getting so grown up.

We had a good weekend. Saturday Jake and I went to the craft show and then ran some errands and went out to lunch together. That was pretty cool since I don't think I have ever gone to dinner with just him. Then that evening we had my friend Jill and her family over for dinner. Today Will spent the day at my step brothers watching football. Jake joined them for a few hours. The younger 3 kids and I went for an extremely long hike at the park next door. They spent all their energy on the hike into the woods. Coming out was a different story. I rotated between carrying Brodie and Drew and sometimes both. It was brutal.

Here are some pictures of the wonderful Praying Mantis that graced our presence on the deck from Saturday night until Sunday morning. They give me the creeps. The picture of all the birds was taken Sunday morning as well. Our yard was covered with them and they were very noisy.

2 comments:

juliecache said...

We live in a parallel world! We had a mass migration of grackles through our yard on Sat. morning. Ella caught a praying mantis on our bushes Friday or Sat. We couldn't keep up with feeding him, so we let him go this afternoon. Very fun to watch.

Jill said...

Farckle, farckle, farckle! It was good to see you this weekend. Next time we'll plan earlier since we are all ready for bed at 9pm. Did Brodie perk up on Sunday?