Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

I got the boys registered for school yesterday. It seems really crazy that school will be starting in 1 week. Both older boys will be in Junior High this year. That makes me sad, scared and excited.

Brodie is going to be lost without Tony. It is going to be hard for us all to adjust to the quietness around here during the day with the older children gone. I am not sure if I look forward to it or not.

I am wanting to start a preschool program with Brodie but not really sure where to start. I have lots of different ideas going through my head. I know it doesn't have to be anything formal. He will be 4 years old in 6 weeks. He could start regular preschool but I have decided to keep him home. He will be a late starter for Kindergarten since he misses the cut off. He will start when he is 6 years old. So, he still has 2 years left before starting school.

Last year we just started with the letter A and worked our way through the alphabet and he really learned so much. I plan to follow this same plan. I think that worked really well for us.

I am just going to do what I can with Brodie since Drew is really the only thing holding us back. Drew is 33 months old and shows absolutely no interest in sit down activities. He does like to play with his tools, play-doh, and blocks for for very short periods of time. Every time I try and practice colors, letters or numbers with him he is totally not interested.

I have lots and lots of crafts and activites planned that I can't wait to get started on and share with everyone.

I look forward to getting on some sort of routine with all of the kids. It will be nice to get back into a groove. Summer is nice because it is so relaxed. But, I am more of a schedule followerer!

No comments: