Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Random Thoughts

I just got back from my podiatrist apt. It has been 2 weeks since my surgery. The doctor took x-rays and thought everything looked good. The screw is well placed and my toe looks pretty straight on the film. She took my bandage and steri strips off and that felt so much better. It is still pretty painful. It looks strange to see my big bump gone. It is bruised and swollen right now so it is hard to say exactly how it will look when it is completely healed.

I also heard back from my family doctor this week. I had my thyroid levels checked again and they were dramatically better. 6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I was feeling horrible, extreme fatigue, weight gain, and my stomach hated me every time I ate anything. Blood tests showed that my thyroid wasn't functioning like it should so I was started on medication. My levels are much better but are still not considered normal so we are increasing my dose.

I actually feel a lot better. Within this last week or so I have finally started to get some energy back. My stomach is feeling a lot better as well.

Now if I could speed up the healing process on my foot all would be right again. On the bright side at least I don't have to wrap my foot in a baggie anymore before taking a shower. And I should be able to start driving again here soon.

No comments: