Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Emily Joy 11 Months - 2 Weeks Away From Turning 1!

In 2 weeks this little girl will turn 1!! This year has gone by way too fast. She is the happiest little girl. We have been very lucky to have such a wonderful baby.
Here are her stats. At her last doctor apt, which was 10 days ago (poor girl had another ear infection) she weighed 19 lbs 14 oz. She has hit a serious growth spurt this last couple months. She was eating as much food as the boys for a couple weeks straight. She has finally slowed down a bit and isn't packing away the food as much. She currently has 8 teeth. See them below? She likes to show them off.
We stopped nursing about a month ago. She was weaning herself plus I had to go on some medication for my thyroid so it was a good time to stop.
She is walking now. She started standing up when she was 8 months old. I thought for sure she would walk by 9 months but she didn't. When she stands up her feet are pretty far apart so those first couple steps are a little wobbly. This last couple weeks she has really gotten the hang of it though and is walking pretty good now.
She has been sleeping all night and usually takes 2 naps during the day. They aren't very long but that's ok. She does really well with bedtime. She usually knows when it is time for sleep and will wave bye bye to everyone.
I have been trying to plan her birthday party. I have to rework my brain. I have planned 38 boys birthdays and cakes and now I have to plan my first girl birthday party and cake. I am sure it will include lots of pink!

No comments: