Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yes, the blog has a new look. I wanted something different to look at for awhile, not sure if this is the look I want or not. Maybe I should post a poll!

There seems to be alot going on. Jake is leaving tomorrow after school for his first ever trip away from home without a family member. He is going with a buddy and his family to Branson. They will be home Sunday night. He is pretty excited. They will be staying in a cabin and taking in some shows. I am nervous and excited of him. He is becoming quite the young man.

My garden is dying off. I pulled all the cantalope vines out today. The pumpkin vine is dying but I still have 7 pumpkins out there. I am excited to carve our own homegrown pumpkins this year! I still have peppers, tomatoes and eggplant. I took out the crop count because it was just so ridiculous to try and count anymore. I can't believe the amount of fruits and veggies we got this year. It was truly amazing.

My peaches are doing great. Both trees are hanging to the ground with fruit. I am hoping to get some canning done this weekend. That will be a nice treat for Winter!
I am getting to be quite the canning expert. It's a good thing I just bought another shelf for the basement to store more jars!

2 comments:

~Maria said...

I just wanted to be your first follower! Now I feel special. By the way, your new page coordinates with your curtains!

Frugal Sara said...

Funny, I thought the same thing! We are nerds.