Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Update

I feel like this is the title to most of my blog posts on here lately. I have sat down numerous times to update on what has been happening in our life. If not for you than at least for myself since this is where I was hoping to journal about what has been going on.

The weather has been beautiful! Everything is in bloom. I walked around the yard the other day and snapped pictures of all the things that are growing. We have had strange weather for Spring. Things are starting to get back to normal with highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s but we have been dealing with 70s and 80s the last few weeks. It has been great both physically and emotionally to spend so much time outside. I love the outdoors and so do all of the kids.

Here is what has been going on the last month or so.

My husband made us breakfast on St. Patrick's Day morning. He had all the kids dressed in green and breakfast going before I was even out of bed. Here is what he served.The kids were super excited!

Once St. Patricks Day was over, Drew and Brodie helped me take down all the decorations and replace them with Easter decorations. We made new artwork to hang on the wall in the living room. Tony helped out with this project as well. This is actually pretty large. I should have had the kids stand by it for reference. We have gotten lots of work done outside. The garden has been cleaned out and is ready to be tilled. I am anxiously waiting to plant.Emily has learned to climb and decided that it is her new favorite thing to do. We have found her many times on top of the kitchen table as well as numerous other places. I can't leave out the chickens. They are all doing well and have enjoyed being out in this great weather too. Along with the 9 adults, we just added 4 new baby chicks. I will share more about them later. Jake is busy with track, Tony is busy with marching band practices, Brodie and Drew are busy with T-ball. Spring is going to just fly by and before we know it, summer will be here.

No comments: