Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Update

I am 3 and 1/2 days out from my foot surgery.  I am feeling somewhat better tonight except for an occasional shooting pain and some insane bouts of itching.  Since Will had to go back to work on Wednesday my father-in-law offered to come down and help me with the kids.  So from Wednesday morning until tonight he has stayed with us and has managed the house and kids during the day so that I could sit in the recliner with my foot elevated.  I know, amazing guy right?  Thanks to him I have a great start on my healing process.  So thanks Joel for taking care of me and the kids all week!!

If I can be patient and spend the next couple days just sitting and icing and elevating I think I will be feeling much better by the first of the week.  This would be good because the next couple weeks are going to be really busy with baseball games, track meets, appointments and end of the school year activities.

I am not sure yet how I will manage the no driving situation.  I am hoping when I see my doctor on the 7th that we can discuss a plan to let me drive a bit.  I am thinking if I wear my surgical shoe instead of the boot then maybe I can drive??  I guess we will see.  For now, I spend the next 10 days in the passenger seat...sigh...

Anyway I am feeling very lucky tonight to have such an amazing family.  Thanks to everyone who has helped the last couple days.  I feel very loved and I hope you know how much I love all of you.

No comments: