Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Is it Monday Already?

I can't believe it is Monday already. We had such a busy weekend, I feel like we need just one more day so we can rest! I hope everyone had a great Easter. I know we did.

Friday we had our friends over for dinner. It was great to spend some time with them and of course their little boy who is now almost 8 months old.

Saturday we started off the day nice and early. Tony had opening ceremonies for baseball at 9am. Then pictures followed and then he had 2 games, one at 10am and then one at noon. There was 10 minutes in between games for him to eat lunch. It was crazy. So we spent about 6 hours at the ball park Saturday afternoon. We came home and Drew took a quick nap while Tony, Brodie and I made it just in time to see the Pony Express go by. Bad mommy didn't have her camera but I know my SIL did so maybe she will get some good pics to share. When Drew woke up we spent the rest of the afternoon decorating Easter eggs.We spent the evening outside and Wills sister and parents came over for dinner. They brought the kids some kites, so that was a great activity. We played cards and had a great time until Brodie woke up suddenly with a horrible croupy cough at about 10:30pm. He was so bad he was unable to catch his breath. We took him into the steamy shower and then outside twice and he did show some improvement but I was still worried that he seemed to be struggling so much to breath. I called the oncall nurse who directed us to the ER. There he got a dose of steroids and is now doing so much better. We didn't get home till about 12:45am. Thankfully Wills family was there to stay with the other kids.
So, with little sleep (about 3 1/2 hrs) we woke up Sunday morning to excited boys. "The Easter Bunny came!!!" rang loudly throughout the house. The kids made a mad dash outside to pick up eggs, candy and find their baskets. Unfortunately I never did get a good picture of Drew bug with his basket. He got a book and squirt gun too just like his big brothers.
I thought this picture was funny of Brodie sorting all his treasurers into piles.The rest of Sunday was spent quietly. Both the little boys were pretty miserable with coughs and runny noses. I was just plain tired so I took a nap. Daddy played trains with the 3 younger kids and watched a movie with Jake. Sunday evening we spent at my moms with my brother and sisters family eating a wonderful Prime Rib dinner. We headed out early to get the younger kids to bed. It was a pretty eventful weekend. Hopefully our week will be quieter, but I am sure that is wishful thinking!

3 comments:

GP & GM Campbell said...

Sounds like great fun. We had a nice Easter too. Hope Brodie doesn't have anymore problems. Love to all
Grandma & Gramps

Kaycee said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Ours went by fast too, I can't believe it's Monday afternoon already.

Hope your kids feel better soon!

Kris said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love the picture of your little boy sorting his stash into piles. I have a little guy who does the same thing! Very cute pictures!