Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008






Yesterday was busy running kids to and from all day. Jake and Tony both are signed up for a basketball camp this week. Tony's is in the morning and Jakes in the afternoon. After dropping Tony off the little boys and I went to my brothers for the morning. The boys had fun playing with their cousins outside and then Uncle Mark grilled hotdogs and made mac and cheese for lunch. There was lots of picture moments but of course I didn't bring my camera over there. I guess I could have walked home to get it but that seemed like alot of work.

Both boys had a good nap in the afternoon so I got some housework accomplished. Then we had the older boys band lessons in Polk City. After that we went to the Ankeny Library which has become a routine for us on Monday nights. We then decided to go out to dinner at the Chinese Buffet with my step brother.

We had promised Brodie that we would go look for ducks because we have been "looking" for them for a couple weeks now. I have some bread that I have been saving to feed them and our adventure out a couple weeks ago to feed them was unsuccessful because we couldn't find them. Thankfully we found some at a pond in Ankeny and we had a great time feeding the ducks and geese. The geese got a little too close for comfort at times but it was cool feeding them. Brodie really wasn't scared and in fact wanted to pet them but I put the kibosh on that one. Tony got pecked on his finger by a daring goose wanting the bread out of his hand. Tony wasn't too happy about that. There was alot of geese and we even saw 2 white swans swimming on the lake. The only drawback was all the goose poop all over the walkway. So, we pretty much tiptoed around the pond. I could have lived with out that part of the evening. You can imagine a 2 and a half year olds view of that not to mention a 10 and 12 year old.

No comments: