Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008







We had a very busy weekend. Friday started off with some garage sales then we went swimming at my sisters husbands parents house. From there we ran a few errands came home and got ready to go to Colo to Will's parents house. It was Colo Days there this weekend. Last year they had this event were people would herd these pigs around a pen of wet mud and the goal was to get them to the other side and over the rail. Well Jake and his buddy signed up for that this year. It was quit the show and I was impressed with how Jake just took off and wrestled the pig. He was completely covered in mud, every boy's dream. They had some kid rides there and Tony climbed an inflatable rock wall. Then they had fireworks which worked out great because they were right next door to Mom and Joels house so I watched them through the window with Brodie who is a little scared of the loud booms. Of course we had to play a quick game of cards before we headed home.

Saturday we got up early to go to the Ankeny Summerfest parade. We took the 3 younger kids while Jake and his friend recuperated. We ended up staying for the entire parade which lasted about 2 hours. The kids had a lot of fun and got quit a bit of candy. I went to a baby shower that afternoon for my friend Stefany and then played outside with the kids when I got home from that. Saturday night we had Will's parents and my step brother over to our house for more cards.

Sunday was spent relaxing sort of. I didn't really go anywhere. I got housework done in the morning while Will got some work done in the basement in the afternoon. I took a nice nap in the afternoon while Will and the 2 older boy's went into Summerfest to watch a skateboard show. We played outside and then vegged in front of the TV which was nice for a change. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Have a great week.

No comments: