Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008






I am very proud of our garden this year! I have actually had time to keep up with the weeding and pruning. I put down grass as mulch and it has made a tremendous difference. It looks like a forest back there. Everything is maturing perfectly a little too much maybe. My pumpkin plant is taking over the entire garden as well as all my other vining plants. My cucumbers and melons are vining all over the place, into the yard and wrapping around the other plants. I am hoping they don't kill those other plants off. I wouldn't think so but I haven't had this problem before. The only thing that isn't doing so well is the jalapeno peppers and some of the green bell peppers. I have included some pictures for you to enjoy :) The first two are of my cantalope plants. There is 3 plants there. They are inching farther into the yard everyday making it hard to mow around them. They are vining over to where the peppers and tomatoes are and vining around them too. The third picture is of my tomato plants that are almost as tall as me. There is peppers in front of them, they are hard to see. The next picture is of my pumpkin. It is way huge right now and you don't get that from this picture. And the last of course is cucumbers. I am going to have a TON of them this year.

2 comments:

juliecache said...

Congratulations on a nice looking garden!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara, nice melons.