Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Chicks

Here are the new babies. We added 4 new Barred Plymouth Rock chicks to our house. The kids are enjoying having babies again in the garage! These ones were about a week old I am guessing when we got them since some of the fuzziness on the wings have turned into feathers. They are growing fast and are already bigger than what this picture shows. (This was taken a few days ago).They will stay in the garage for the next couple months before we try and move them outside. I have a plan to get them mixed into our existing flock. Remember the chicken tractor my husband made me last year? Well I am going to keep the new hens in there next to the chicken coop for a couple weeks. Then I will eventually add the new birds in. Hoping it works out ok and I don't start any hen fights!

I'll keep you posted on how they do.

1 comment:

Shalini said...

Oh, I'm very interested to know how introducing them to the existing flock goes. We're thinking of adding a few too, but are afraid our Brahmins will beat them up.