Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Emmy and the Chickens

The cold weather finally hit. I can't complain I guess. It has been a beautiful winter so far. Usually by now I am starting to get a little stir crazy from being stuck inside with the kids because of the weather. We have been lucky and the kids have been able to spend almost everyday with some outside time.

Here are some pictures I snapped of Emily just a couple days ago on our afternoon walk. She is totally fascinated by the chickens. She definitely doesn't have any fear of them. She will walk right up to the run and poke her chubby fingers through the fence. One even pecked her finger and she just looked at me like "did you see that?" and then she put her hand back in. I held one of the birds so that she could pet it. She really liked her beak. The bird was very tolerant and let Emmy just pet and poke at her. When I finally let the bird down Emily decided she wasn't finished playing and continued to follow the bird around the yard for a bit.Finally the play set caught her eye and she left the birds alone to climb on the slide. Her new thing is climbing and she is really good at it.After climbing we walked a bit and ended up swinging for awhile until Daddy came home and we went inside.

No comments: