Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

We Survived!

We survived our fist day of Summer break home with each other. We were actually pretty busy. Of course I really didn't see Jake till about 1pm since him and his buddies retreated to the basement to play video games and watch movies. They actually spent a lot of time outside too.

The 3 younger kids and I played Playdough for about an hour in the morning. I think this is the first time Drew hasn't tried to eat the dough. That is a milestone because he has tried to eat it the last 10 times playing with it! Tony and I got some weeds pulled in the garden in the afternoon while the little guys slept. Will came home and we decided to cut Drew's hair which ultimately led to his first buzz cut. I think he looks really cute! I wasn't sure I would be a fan of the "buzz". Then we did our part to stimulate the economy and took the kids out to dinner at the Leaning Tower of Pizza in Ankeny. We then went to the library to check out movies and books and then ended up at Marble Slab Creamery for dessert! It was WONDERFUL! We had a good night and celebrated with the boys for passing all their classes with A's and B's and doing a great job on some pretty big projects they had at the end of the year for school.

Today the goal is to just get ready for the sale tomorrow. It doesn't look like the weather is going to be very nice but I am hoping they are still wrong. At least Saturday looks great! My SIL, Jen and I are going to go get our hair cut this afternoon. I am pretty excited for that, it's grown alot in a couple months. Ok, I am off to get busy reading the new construction books to Brodie! Have a wonderful day...

No comments: