Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Things Don't Always go as Planned

As I write this I am sitting at my in-laws house. It's Thursday and our original plan was to be here on Sunday. Our holiday didn't go as planned. Christmas Eve Will came down with a gastro bug that the 3 younger children had passed around the previous weeks. He spent the majority of the day in bed resting. Christmas morning came and he was able to drag himself out of bed long enough to share in the excitement that Santa had visited over night.

Christmas Eve I completely over did it and therefore spent Christmas day in bed myself with a massive migraine. Thankfully my brother and sisters families were next door at my mothers so the 4 older kids spent most of the day over there. It's good to have family so close.

Will's stomach issues passed and now he is just sick with a sinus infection. My headache passed but I was left with a bad chest cold requiring steroids and antibiotics. I think I am finally starting to feel a little better today. So instead of coming up to Will's parents on Sunday night to celebrate Christmas, we came up last night. Better late then not at all.

So in short the holiday hasn't really gone as planned. Poor Will hasn't got to spend his vacation the way he had in mind and all the plans I had for decluttering and cleaning the house have got pushed to the back burner. Things are looking up though and we are finally feeling better and having some fun.

All of my pictures from Christmas morning are on my camera at home. Once we get home and get unpacked I will make it a priority to get those up on the blog.

No comments: