Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Tree Hunting

It's been an entire week since I last posted and I realized that I didn't even have pictures of our Christmas tree up yet. Spare time is hard to come by these days. My laptop is broken as well so blogging means I have to seclude myself in the bedroom away from everyone. That doesn't happen very often. I know, excuses, excuses. Anyway on with the tree.

We headed out the weekend after Thanksgiving to go look for our Christmas tree. We like to visit Kidman's Tree Farm. This year we found a tree out on the grounds and for the first time ever, cut it down ourselves! The kids had a ball with this. They each took turns using the saw. Here is Drew. Brodie.Tony. And Jake finished the job.Whoo Hoo!It was windy and cold but we were having a good time. Except for Emily. She wasn't very happy being cold and having to sit in her stroller.
Once we found our tree we took it back up to the house and the nice Kidman folks loaded it on the van for us while we got some more hot chocolate and headed back out for a wagon ride. Tony was brave enough to get up and lead the horses for a bit.Finally it was time to head home and the kids were super excited to put the tree up in the living room. And here she is.We chose a new spot to put it this year. The following night we decorated. Those pictures will come soon.

No comments: