Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Decorating the Tree

Decorating the Christmas tree is always a tradition I look forward to each year. Dad and Jake are in charge of hanging the lights. Next, comes the ornaments. I have started a box of ornaments for each of the kids. I can remember my mom doing the same for me. When it comes time to decorate everyone has their own box of treasures to hang on the tree.

I will be starting a box for Emily this year. Last year she was barely a month old and she slept through the tree decorating. This year she is a very busy toddler who doesn't want to miss out on anything. She was fascinated with everyone's ornaments. As they put them on the tree, she would take them off and inspect them.
After all the ornaments have been placed on the tree, it is time for the star. Jake was in charge this year of putting the star on top of the tree. We soon realized that the star was just too tiny for this tree.
I decided we would make a new one. So that was a project the younger boys and I did the following day. We cut a star out of cardboard, painted it, added glitter, and hot glued a tp roll to the back. We placed it on top of the tree. Perfect.

No comments: