Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

I can't believe it is Friday. I have no idea where the week has gone. The summer for that matter. The kids start school in 10 days. Brodie will start pre-school in 2 weeks,. I want to get a schedule made for preschool with Drew at home. And I will be entering my third trimester next week which means my due date is quickly approaching! Eeek! I have a lot to get done.

We are trying to finish off our basement. My goal is to put both older boys down there freeing up an upstairs bedroom for the new babe. Of course nothing is ever as easy at it should be and we have ran into a snag which is extremely irritating. So that project has been put on hold momentarily.

I am feeling the need to declutter our house...again. We just have no space. I hate that things don't have a spot. I think I need to put myself back on some sort of schedule. I always feel a little scatter brained if I just fly by the seat of my pants. Like I will start one project, then another, and then another while not finishing the first. I guess that is the attention disorder in my :) Maybe a schedule will be helpful. Especially in the fall when everyone goes back to school and things are a little more routine.

I forget sometimes that my main focus should be just being a mom. Sometimes I spend too much time in the kitchen, or in the room folding laundry. The boys are all going to be big one day and they won't have time for me. I need to enjoy them now while their main goal is to just be with me. Ok, that is not Jake's main goal anymore but the little boys I think it is.

Everyone knows I love sleeping children. Here is Drew the other night sleeping on the chair next to the couch where I was sleeping. He joined me and Will in bed in the middle of the night. When I couldn't get comfortable I moved to the couch. The next thing I knew he was on the couch with me. That wasn't going to work so I put him in the chair next to the couch. He just wanted to be next to his momma. After tucking him in he said "don't let the bug beds bite mommy". Love that kid.

No comments: