Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Here is what we have been up to lately. Gardening. I planted a large garden this year and have spent much of my time in there. So far we have been harvesting lettuce, spinach, onions and strawberries. Lots of strawberries. I estimate we have harvested about 20 lbs so far. This isn't including what I will be picking today. I didn't get out there yesterday so I am guessing to add another 8-10 lbs. So what do you do with all those strawberries? Well in my family they usually don't last too long. They are my favorite fruit and a favorite among the kids. I have frozen a bunch. So far I have about 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bags full. I am hoping to make some jam one of these days. We have also been enjoying fresh berries for every meal, including dessert...strawberry shakes, yum!

No comments: