Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Days

Yesterday was a busy day for us. We met my sister in law, niece and nephew out at Big Creek for some playing and a picnic. We hung out a little longer and the boys all played in the sand for awhile before leaving. After the beach we headed to Jester Park where we stopped and rented a Park Park. We picked out Wildflowers and Plants. If you haven't done so, check out the Park Parks from Jester. They are a very cool and FREE activity put out from the Polk County Conservation.We then went and checked out the Natural Playscape also out at Jester where the kids dug in more sand, played in the water and just had fun running around. You would have thought they would be pretty exhausted. We decided to head home after that. Drew did take a little nap on the drive home, just enough to get energized when we got to the house.Daddy was home when we got there and he and Jake took the boat out to go fishing. They were gone the rest of the afternoon and evening. The younger 3 kids and I stayed home and played out in the yard and in the baby pool. We also painted rocks that we will use to decorate the outside with.

We finished the night with baths and the movie Charlotte's Web. Tony and I then watched The Indian and the Cupboard, mom didn't quite make it through that entire movie.

Yesterday was one of those days that I felt completely satisfied with my life. I had a wonderful day with all the kids. I am so happy to have days like this. I was completely exhausted and I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

1 comment:

Jena said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!!!!!!!!