Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Brodie had his first day of Kindergarten yesterday. To say he was excited is an understatement. He was SO pumped. The night before he said to me "now mom, you have to wake me up extra early cause I am going to have to brush my teeth and comb my hair before I leave for school." I was surprised when he actually settled down at a descent hour and went to bed.

It was a good thing too cause he woke up the next morning bright and early at 6:15 with his older brothers. He came running out of his room with a half sleepy face saying "is it time for me to brush my teeth and comb my hair?" When I told him he had an hour and a half to wait he shrunk his shoulders and said "but I wanna go now."

He ended up getting all ready by himself and was happy to see that Daddy had stayed home from work long enough to see him on the bus and buy donuts for breakfast! The bus was due to arrive at 7:47 am. At 7:05 am this is where he was.Waiting on the front stair looking at the road. I tried to tell him he still had 30 minutes before we could walk down to the end of the driveway so he should come inside but he said "no I just wanna wait out here." And so he did.It was a little crazy because Jake and Tony actually missed their bus so it was a good thing Will was home and he ran them both up to their schools. He made it back just in time to walk Brodie down to the bus stop.Drew was pretty excited to watch his brother leave, probably because he knew he was getting mom and sister all to himself.The boys passed the time by keeping Emily entertained until the bus finally arrived. And then, it came. Brodie bravely walked up and didn't even turn around until the bus driver said "turn around and smile at your dad" which he did.And then he was gone. I only cried a little.

It was a huge day for all of us. Almost 6 years of having him home with me other than the handful of hours he went to preschool last year. This will be a big change for him. A big change for both of us.

1 comment:

Lawn Care Kenner said...

Thank you for writingg this