Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Minnesota Vacation Part 3

Emily did so good on vacation. She spent lots of time outside so that made her sleep really well each night. She only struggled 2 nights. That might be my fault though because I drank a little more coffee on those days! She was happy and babbling most days.
Last year we put together a really cute chicken puzzle while we were staying at the cabin. This year Wills mom picked up one to bring but since they didn't join us we decided to pick one up at Wal-mart. The older boys, Will and I all worked on it. It was 500 pieces and took all of one morning to put together. The next day we realized that the game room at the lodge carried puzzles so we picked up another one. It too was 500 pieces and took us another day to put it together.
The boys had fun playing at the park that is on the camp grounds. We visited that each day we were there. Will taught Brodie how to swing and he spent most of his time doing just that.

They had so much fun on the teeter totter. I don't know if they have ever been on one (except up here last year). They laughed and laughed. Sometimes I would have to help them because they weigh the same and they would balance out and get stuck.

The first couple days we had really warm weather. It was in the 80's and 90's. The kids were able to do a little swimming and play on the beach.While I love using my wrap to carry Emily around it was starting to really make my back ache. So when I ran into town I ended up buying a small stroller. The boys loved pushing her around in it. She enjoyed it as well and it gave me a nice break.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a perfect family relaxation vacation! Puzzles is a GREAT idea, and I'm going to grab them for our upcoming journey!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were pretty organized for the trip, as I knew you'd be. Fun family times. Thanks for sharing all the pics!
Grandma A