Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We had a very productive weekend. While I would LOVE to say the chicken house is done, it's not. Turns out this is the most elaborate chicken house in town. It is taking a wee bit longer than I thought it would putting it together. Here are the updated pictures. It now has a roof, complete with shingles. The nesting area has been cut out and just needs built. The door is done, just new the correct hinges to put it up. The vent on the back is cut and almost complete. The storage area is built and just needs the doors cut out. The trim is up and caulked.
We still need to cut out the chicken door and make that, finish the nesting boxes and make the run. Whew, seems like alot. Pretty sure I am not going to make my April 15th deadline. I am hoping to be done in the next 2 weeks so I can move the girls outside. They are getting pretty big and have even been flying around the tub! See how much different they look? Remember they use to look like this.Brahma.
Barred Plymouth Rock.
Buff Orpington.
Also this weekend I was happy to get my Spring crops in. Peas, lettuce, spinach, onions and garlic. I can't wait to see them start coming up!

1 comment:

juliecache said...

that's fancier than my kids' treehouse fort.