So I have been thinking alot lately about what I would like to accomplish this year. I posted my goals on my other blog but figured it would be a good idea to post them here as well. I am even adding one more.
1. Learn to sew. I have the machine, now I just need to learn to do it. My sister is awesome at sewing and anything crafty and has offered me lessons. Now I just need to find the time.
2. Start scrapbooking again. I used to scrapbook and I loved it. Again time is the issue.
3. Build up our emergency fund. My goal is to have 6 months of expenses saved. We had this done this year but used it all to pay for a basement remodel.
4. Eat more real food and less processed. I have expanded my cooking and have learned to make alot of things from scratch. I want to continue to plan meals at home and eat out less.
5. I have been thinking alot about milling my own flour. I have seen the Nutrimill and have contemplated saving my money for one and making my own flour. I haven't committed to this one yet but I have been strongly thinking about it.
6. I want to have a large garden again this year. I really need to thin out the strawberry patch which will take some time. I am hoping to can enough produce again to last the winter months.
7. Drink more water.
8. Spend less time worrying about the house and other little things and spend more time enjoying my family. Sometimes I have a problem sitting down and relaxing. I want to be able to feel ok about leaving the dishes dirty or the laundry unfolded and just enjoy spending time with my husband and children. (This is a big one for me.)
9. Get all my pictures organized and get some ordered so that I can start #2.