Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just kidding

Apparently I was just kidding when I posted Saturday that the kids were better. I went in that morning to get Drew up and he had puked all over the place. Both boys had a terrible weekend. Needless to say Will and I got nothing accomplished which includes not fixing our broken dryer. I have not done laundry now for a week and it is getting scary. I had already planned Sunday night to take Drew back into the Dr on Monday. He was just not himself and has been on antibiotic for a week. Brodie woke up Monday morning with the hives. Scared me to death because he too was on antibiotic and the Dr had mentioned that he could have a 10-15% chance of cross allergic reaction. Most of you probably remember how horrible Brodie was when we learned he was allergic to Penicillin. Anther reaction like that could kill him. The hives were not near the extent of when he has PCN but it was enough. I immediatly took him off the medicine and gave him Benedryl and called the Dr. who wanted to see him too along with Drew.

Drews ears were both still horribly infected. He is switching him to a stronger antibiotic and if this doesn't help then he will get antibiotic shots. He is still vomiting off and on so that is killing me since I don't have easy access to a dryer.

Brodie is now cut off from all Penicillins and derivitives of Penicillins. He said we shouldn't really treat him with antibiotics unless we really need to. His ear is still infected and the other one was starting to turn red, but we are going to go off of his symptoms before we try and treat him with another antibiotic. I am suppose to call if he starts running a fever or complaining of ear pain. So far, we are ok. I am still giving Benedryl for his hives and he is taking Mucinex for his really bad cough.

I am still struggling with a sinus infection that I have had off and on since Thanksgiving. I really can not wait for Spring so we can air out this cold infected house and play outside!

No comments: