Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Down Time


Yesterday I had surgery.  They corrected my bunions on both sides of my left foot.  A few years ago I had my right foot worked on.  The first doctor who did it wrecked my foot requiring me to have a second surgery from a different doctor 6 months later.  I swore I would never do it again.  However the last year I have been having increasing pain in my left foot.  It really got bad when I started working out again.  

So, I gave in and had the surgery, hoping that this will be an easier, quicker recovery.  They shaved the bones and placed 2 screws on each side.  Today has been rough to say the least.  Thankfully Will is taking great care of me.  He has kept the kids busy, house picked up, and has done all the duties that I usually do throughout the day.  Plus he has gotten me ice packs, drinks, meds, and anything I ask of him he graciously does it.  I'm so lucky to have him!

I don't do well with just sitting.  I have been going a little stir crazy already and it's only been 24 hours! I'm pretty swollen and have slept on and off most of the day.  Hoping tomorrow is a little better and I can venture out of my chair at least.

1 comment:

juliecache said...

Sending good vibes from our house. Maybe you could give the pain up for all those who don't get to have corrective surgery. That's kind of what gets me through things.