Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Batman Cake

Here is the cake I made for Drew's birthday. Looks good right? (Except for the fact that Blogger is rotating my pictures). I was going to make him a dog cake because that is what he originally requested. When we went to the library to pick up the cake tin, he found this Batman cake tin and really wanted to have that instead. So, I obliged.

I worked on the cake for almost 2 hours and then set it in the downstairs fridge overnight. When I went to get the cake the next morning I noticed standing water in the corner of the tin. Unfortunately every once in a while our freezer leaks water into our fridge. It hasn't done this for a while but that night it decided to leak...right onto Drew's cake.

So unfortunately for his birthday party we were unable to eat the cake I made for him. Thankfully I had some brownies that I was able to bake before guests arrived. Drew got to see the cake and blow out the candles. He was happy and that is all that matters.

No comments: